Tuesday 18 June 2013

New WIP

I got my latest parcel from Hawthorne Threads yesterday and was SO excited. I'm making a baby quilt (the one I mentioned in my last post) and I'm so glad the fabric arrived quickly. I got started cutting last night, and thought I'd show off the fabrics I've picked out before posting progress pics.

I'm making a basic post and rail design, nice and bright and in quite neutral colours (yellow, green and orange/red palattes). The design is inspired by this quilt from Red Pepper Quilts. Photos are from my phone, so some are a little funky colour wise, but:

Greens, including Tula Pink's turtle bay and Amy Butler Delhi Blossoms in Lime.



I can't get over how cute the elephant/turtle combo is:



Yellows (or yellow-ish):



And orange/reds, including some of Anna Maria Horner's Field Study and a cute piece from Jennifer Paganelli which was on sale:



Plus this Bohemian Soul for the white accent stripes:



and this for the backing:



I'm looking forward to getting started on and finishing a smaller piece while I'm still chipping away at hand quilting my giant rainbow quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment